The Information Systems Department has an active and flourishing research program. Some highlights:
- Consistently ranks among the top five in the world in publications in top IS research journals, and ranked joint 1st worldwide for research productivity in 2015. Earlier ranked 1st worldwide for 2013.
- Dr. Viswanath Venkatesh consistently ranks among the top three ISYS researchers worldwide. He has also ranked among the top 100 most cited authors of all time in business and economics.
- Dr. Tracy Sykes was identified in a study published in 2015 as the most productive researcher in the world among all information systems assistant professors earning their doctorates in or after 2000.
- The department has an excellent mix of experienced senior faculty and productive junior faculty.
- The department's faculty play prominent editorial roles. Dr. Rajiv Sabherwal serves as Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, and earlier served a term as Senior Editor of MIS Quarterly and as a Guest Senior Editor at Information Systems Research. Dr. Viswanath Venkatesh serves as Senior Editor at MIS Quarterly and the AIS Transactions on Human-Computer Interaction, and previously served as Senior Editor at Information Systems Research.