Information Systems: Bachelor's Degree
The Information Systems major is for people who want to solve problems businesses face and create new opportunities by using the latest computer technology. They help organizations use technology to operate more efficiently. They work with other business and IT people to build systems for executives and managers that support their decisions.
As an ISYS major, you will complete 24 credit hours in ISYS, including courses such as systems analysis and design, business project development, and ERP fundamentals. When you graduate, you will have a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration or a Bachelor of Science in International Business, with a major in Information Systems, and a concentration in one of the following:
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Enterprise Systems
- Business Analytics
These courses are taught by faculty members who are on the leading edge of research, with the ISYS department being ranked consistently among the top 5 in the world.
As an undergraduate ISYS major, you are given the opportunity to:
- Learn to integrate business process concepts
- Experience large enterprise systems
- Understand data warehousing technology
Top 10 Reasons to Major in ISYS
- Computing is part of everything we do!
- Expertise in Information Systems will enable you to solve complex, challenging problems.
- Computing will enable you to make a positive difference in the world.
- Information Systems offers many types of lucrative careers.
- Information Systems and computer-related jobs are here to stay.
- Expertise in computing and Information Systems will help you even if your primary career choice is something else.
- Computing offers great opportunities for true creativity and innovativeness.
- Information Systems has room for both collaborative work and individual effort.
- Computer knowledge is an essential part of well-rounded academic preparation.
- Future opportunities in information systems are without boundaries.
Eight Semester Degree Completion Program
The Eight-Semester Degree Completion Program makes it possible to obtain the Information Systems degree in four academic years.
Information Systems Courses & Descriptions
View a listing of all undergraduate Information Systems courses offered by the Sam M. Walton College of Business.View Courses
Consult the advising worksheets for your specific degree program. Map out your undergraduate experience.Learn More
Certificates and Special Skills
The department also offers certificates for non-majors in Enterprise Resource Planning and Business Intelligence, which is an excellent way to differentiate yourself from the competition. In fact, sometimes one extra course, like ERP Fundamentals, can make a huge difference in your employability. Enterprise Resource Planning certificate is endorsed by SAP University Alliances and Business Intelligence certificate is endorsed by SAS.